PENINSULA SCHOOL DISTRICT
This position is responsible to drive a District vehicle to District sites daily. Provides a safe, accurate and efficient delivery/pick up routine/schedule that is detail oriented. Establishes a regular route coordinating with Central Administration departments and District Staff. Ensures security and confidentiality of transported items. Maintains schedule, changing as needed for emergencies and special requests.
Reports to Maintenance/Grounds Supervisor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible to pick up, sort, load vehicle for efficient transport and delivery of materials to and from locations as directed and adapt route as needed on just cause basis. May include, but not limited to: intra district mail/packages, classroom and teaching materials/supplies/equipment, student therapy equipment, confidential testing materials, district and student records, print shop orders, science kits, hands on art kits, chrome books bins, office supplies, custodial supplies, cash/credit cards/keys hand delivered. Occasionally obtain signatures for confidential/secure materials.
- Follows strict security procedures regarding district-wide building access, security/alarm codes and confidential/secure materials.
- Completes daily route in a safe and timely manner.
- Prepares packages for shipping. Provides for authorization of District payments to UPS, maintains UPS shipping records. Sorts and maintains a record of incoming UPS, Fed-Ex, DHL, On Trac, USPS and other vendor deliveries to warehouse; delivers to appropriate staff/department/school.
- Receives and signs for freight deliveries to warehouse.
- Inventories deliveries for Central Administration departments, provides departments with packing slips and coordinates delivery to staff/department/school.
- Notifies district mechanics of any vehicle trouble or maintenance needed. Regularly fuel, check oil and wash vehicle.
- Assists Business Services Department with records retention/destruction. Responsible for maintenance of student records stored in warehouse, fills requests and purges; ensures compliance with State of Washington Records Retention Schedule. Prepares and arranges for records destruction, Assists Business Services Department with maintaining district recorded in Central Administration archives.
- Coordinates with warehouse staff on various jobs as needed, including but not limited to:
- Moving tables and chairs from one school to another
- Picking up surplus items
- Garbage pick up
- Drive district owned garbage truck to deliver dumpsters and dispose of garbage at landfill, on an as needed basis.
- During various breaks duties could include helping warehouse, grounds, maintenance, and HVAC as needed.
- Maintains a commitment to quality customer service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experiences interruptions; required to: sit/drive for prolonged periods; lift, carry, push pull, heavy supplies or equipment up to 75 lbs; work around machinery and moving parts; use loading dock, truck ramp, pallet jack, climb a ladder, drive a District vehicle, occasionally in inclement weather. Occasionally required transport hazardous chemicals/materials.
AFFILIATION: PSE – Maintenance/Grounds/Warehouse
- Education and Experience
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Two years of driving experience with a good driving record
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Class B CDL certification
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of traffic rules and regulations.
- Skill in defensive driving.
- Skill in operating a large motor vehicle.
- Ability to operate a hand truck, pallet jack, lift gate, and truck ramp.
- Ability to drive in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy supplies and equipment weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to work in varying degrees of weather conditions.
- Ability to follow pickup and delivery instructions.
- Ability to maintain a schedule, remain flexible, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to recommend effective routing for the purpose of maintaining efficient delivery runs.
- Ability to attend to detail and follow through to completion.
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently as well as under the direction of others.
- Ability to evaluate situations for the purpose of taking appropriate action.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use a computer and various programs.
- Knowledge of proper packaging and shipping methods.
- Ability to follow safety procedures and safe-work practices at all times.
- Willingness to learn and apply new skills to accommodate a changing work environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with District staff.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to adhere to District policies and procedures.
- Valid WA State driver’s license. Must be bondable.
- Must have and maintain a good driving record.
- Become class B CDL certified within 90 days of hire.
- Become forklift certified within 6 months of hire.
- Willingness to complete training in First Aid and CPR, offered by the district.