Secretary – Curriculum & Highly Capable Programs
PENINSULA SCHOOL DISTRICT
SECRETARY – CURRICULUM & HIGHLY CAPABLE PROGRAMS
LOCATION: Educational Service Center
This position provides secretarial support to the district curriculum and highly capable programs and periodic assistance to other Learning & Teaching department as needed throughout the year. Primary responsibilities will focus on curriculum and inventory. Additional responsibilities may include managing and coordinating workflow for the department; typing reports and correspondence, processing purchase orders, maintaining files and records; duplicating and distributing curriculum materials, assistance in professional development opportunities in the district.
Reports to Assistant Superintendent for Learning & Teaching
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains database and spreadsheets for tracking and monitoring; maintains website and publications as directed.
- Responsible for the purchasing process and delivery of district-purchased textbooks and materials to the buildings and departments. Prepares purchase orders within budget parameters, gives directions to office staff about how to disburse.
- Responsible for the inventory of district textbooks and resources.
- Provides secretarial support to curriculum and highly capable programs; set up meetings. Formats, types and edits meeting minutes, correspondence and announcements. Maintains correspondence of committee meetings. Schedules conference room use; sets up tables and chairs and orders food as requested.
- Provides secretarial support to curriculum and highly capable programs; including answering and making phone calls; assists with coordination of building test coordinators to ensure testing protocols and security is maintained to state regulations.
- Formats, types and edits correspondence (often confidential), forms, grant documents and other reports from drafts; proofreads, duplicates and distributes as necessary. Composes routine correspondence.
- Prepares purchase orders; determines necessary office supplies; communicates with staff members concerning supplies needed; compiles annual departmental supply.
- Duplicates and distributes a variety of materials such as booklets, correspondence, and other curriculum information. Coordinates production of projects requiring special orders and distributes forms.
- Prepares required personnel forms and timesheets; receives staff attendance records; processes travel request claims; makes arrangements for substitutes as needed.
- Performs a variety of related duties and special projects duties as assigned.
Office environment; experiences frequent interruptions; requires visual concentration on detail, dexterity and precision. The ability to lift a box of text books.
AFFILIATION: PSE – Clerical
Education and Experience
High school graduation or equivalent; 3 years of secretarial experience, with records maintenance and bookkeeping preferred.
Advanced technical training, bookkeeping or accounting procedures may substitute for above.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of secretarial and bookkeeping procedures; ability to maintain accurate records.
- Proficient in keyboarding.
- Proficiency in using Excel & database software programs
- Skill in operating a variety of office machines.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate word processing programs, database programs, and website programs.
- Ability to set up and maintain an accurate filing system.
- Ability to attend to detail and follow tasks through to completion.
- Ability to organize and set priorities.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and remain flexible to changes in situations or assignments.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff.