High School Science Adoption
The High School Science Committee has been tasked with reviewing and coming to consensus on comprehensive curriculum that could be implemented by classroom teachers in grades nine through twelve. This includes core courses like Biology, Chemistry, and Physics and some electives. It does not include AP, College in the High School, or Project Lead The Way (CTE) courses. Once consensus is reached by the committee, there will be a public review of the adoption committee's recommendation, the recommendation will be brought to the Instructional Advisory Committee (IAC), and then the Peninsula School District School Board will take action on the recommendation.
Upon adoption of a comprehensive curriculum, the multi-year work of implementation will commence.
- Planning Stage (Fall/Winter 2020-2021)
- Prescreen Stage (April 2021)
- Paperscreen Stage (May 2021)
- Pilot Process & Results (2021-2022 School Year)
- Community Review and Feedback - Biology (Spring 2022)
- School Board Review/Approval - Biology (Spring 2022)
- Biology Implementation Planning (Spring 2022 - Fall 2022)
- Pilot Phase 2 - Chemistry/Physics, Physics, & Honors Chemistry (Fall 2023)
- Community Review & Feedback - Phase 2 (Winter 2023)
- School Board Review/Approval (Winter 2023)