Health Science Summer Internship
Are you interested in careers in the Health Science field?
Peninsula School District announces our 7th annual Health Science Summer Internship in cooperation with our partners: Gig Harbor Fire and Medic One, St. Anthony Hospital, Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital, and Tacoma Community College. This internship is designed for students who have a strong interest in exploring a career in the medical field. The purpose is to provide an opportunity to experience real-life scenarios in various segments of medical care, develop knowledge and skills foundational to the health professional, and gain an understanding of patient assessment and care.
When: June 22 – June 25, 2020; 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m
Monday, June 22: Gig Harbor Fire & Medic One
Tuesday, June 23: St. Anthony Hospital
Wednesday, June 24: Mary Bridge Medical Center, Tacoma
Thursday, June 25: Morning: TBD Afternoon: Tacoma Community College Health Sciences Tour
- Complete this Application Form by Thursday, April 30, 2020.
- Ask two references to complete this Recommendation Form, by Thursday, April 30, 2020.
- The screening committee will be looking for a diverse representation of interest from students and will notify students of status by May 25, 2020.
- Accepted students will return required paperwork.
- Students and parents attend orientation on June 16, 2020.
- Internship: June 22 – 25.
If you have additional questions, please contact Coordinator, Leland Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligibility Peninsula School District students who will be Juniors or Seniors in the 2020-2021 school year and must be 16 by June 1, 2020.