Summer Satellite Academy
Summer Satellite Academy is a partnership between Peninsula School District and West Sound Technical Skills Center – and it is free to students and their families!
It is a great opportunity for students who want to:
- make more room in their regular schedule for courses
- get a head start on their high school career
- recover course credit
This summer, courses will be online with limited* in person support at Gig Harbor High School. . Upon completion of the course, students will earn a letter grade and .5 credits toward graduation.
*As directed by Health Department guidance at the time of classes. More information will be available to registered students closer to the start of courses.
Who: Students who will be enrolled in high school for the 2020 – 2021 school year
(with limited* in-person support at Gig Harbor High School, 5101 Rosedale St NW, Gig Harbor WA 98335)
When: Monday, July 27th – Thursday, August 13th, 2020
Time: 8:00am – 3:00pm
What courses are available?
College, Career, & Financial Exploration
- CCFE equips you with the knowledge and skills that will help connect post-high school education and employment. You will explore careers of interest and understand the steps to achieve success. You will gain practical consumer and life skills.
- .5 CTE Credit & CCFE Graduation Requirement
- Combines the disciplines of geology, biology, zoology, chemistry, geography, and toxicology. It provides you with the scientific principles and concepts to understand the interrelationships of the natural world.
- Fulfills .5 CTE Credit & Science Credit
- Health includes the physical, mental, social, and emotional aspects of wellness. Students review nutritional standards, develop goals, resolve conflict, and analyze responsibilities related to their human sexuality, the use of drugs, disease transmission, and CPR.
- Fulfills .5 CTE Credit & Health Graduation Requirement
Sports Medicine: Personal Trainer
- Sports Medicine will cover care and prevention, treatment, rehabilitation of sports injuries, taping and wrapping of injuries, first aid, emergency procedures, and other clinical procedures common to sports medicine.
- Fulfills .5 CTE & Physical Education Credit
- This course will help the students become well rounded in the fundamentals of digital photography. Four areas of instruction will be emphasized: How cameras work, how composition works, how lighting works, how to use photo editing software.
- Fulfills .5 CTE & Art Credit
How to Register?
Registration is open now through West Sound Tech!