VARSITY LETTER IN COMMUNITY SERVICE
VARSITY LETTER IN COMMUNITY SERVICE 2021 - 2022
Engaging in community service is a way to uplift others, the community, and oneself. The impact on the lives of others and the community at large can be lasting. It is also a great way to enrich your skills at relationship-building, empathy, problem-solving, and leadership. Peninsula School District is proud to honor students who contribute to our community with the Varsity Letter in Community Service. This opportunity is available to students going into 9th through 12th grade and can be repeated through each year of high school.
- 2.0 or greater cumulative GPA at the end of 1st semester of the 20-21 school year.
- Complete at least 100 hours of community service (reduced from 145 due to Social Distancing measures) between June 15, 2021 and May 31, 2022.
- At least 25 hours of the 100 must be completed within Pierce County.
- Community service hours for lettering must be beyond class/course credit requirements.
- Applications must be completed by May 31, 2022.
COMPLETE THESE TWO STEPS:
1. TRACK YOUR HOURS
- Go to File and select Make A Copy
- Save to your Google Drive with your name
- Share with Erin O'Neill via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Track your hours by month; each month has its own sheet
2. APPLY FOR A LETTER
Once you have completed 100 hours or more, please complete the online Application for the Varsity Letter in Community Service. The application is due by May 31, 2022.
Students who successfully complete all the requirements of the Varsity Letter in Community Service will be notified by June 10, 2022.