We welcome our multilingual families!
Students and families whose first language is not English are supported and provided services through the District’s English Learner (EL) Program. All qualified students are served at their neighborhood school through a combination model of instruction and consultation in the general education classroom.
The initial screening process for determining EL eligibility includes an evaluation using the WIDA screener. Annually, EL students take the WIDA assessment. This evaluates reading, writing, listening and speaking progress.
Students can exit the EL program once meeting proficiency on the annual WIDA assessment. These students are then monitored for two years to ensure continued growth.
- Administradores de la escuela – Who’s Who at Your Child’s School
- How a School District Works – Korean
- How a School District Works – Russian
- Libros Recomendados
- Recursos para Familias Latinas – Resources for Latino Families
- Russian-English School Glossary
- Spanish-English School Glossary
- Resources for Parents and Schools with Translations