Our goal in Transportation is to make the trip to and from school as safe and pleasant as possible for all District students. In an effort to make this happen, please be aware of the following:
- Students need to arrive at bus stops 7-10 minutes prior to bus time.
- Stop, look, listen and cross only in front of the bus.
- Remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- All articles must be contained safely; no glass or flammable items, musical instruments must fit on student’s lap.
- Inappropriate language, harassment, or bullying on the school bus will not be tolerated.
- For your student’s safety, video and audio surveillance is being utilized on most buses. Notices are posted inside the buses that include audio surveillance. As of 2014, Policy and Procedures, 8180 / 8180P and Student Handbooks were updated to include details of our audio surveillance policy.
- If your student misses the bus, take him or her to the next bus stop. Do not let students run alongside the bus.
- All regular school bus routes are posted on the district website.
The bus stop will display your attendance area school, your bus number, the nearest stop to your house, and pick up and drop-off times.Throughout the school year, pick up and drop-off times may change. Check periodically for any schedule changes.
Transportation Office Hours:
5:00 A.M. until 5:00 P.M.,
Monday – Friday.
14015 62nd AVE, NW,
Gig Harbor, WA 98332
Telephone: (253) 530-3900
Fax: (253) 530-3920
For bus stop changes, additions, or concerns, please email or call: