Emergency Weather Procedures
Outlined below are the Peninsula School District’s procedures and expectations during inclement weather and school closures. Below you will find guidelines to make this process easier for you and also to help you understand how weather decisions
Making a Thoughtful Decision
Weather information is reviewedthe day and night prior to the decision. A review with our transportation department and neighboring districts is also done.
- Starting at 3:00 a.m. or sooner, district officials and the transportation department drive emergency bus routes throughout the District’s 120 square miles.
- The District may
choose tooperate on a normal schedule, have a late start, or close entirely.
- Late starts allow us:
- time to monitor and adjust decisions to changing conditions
- to provide the safety of daylight for students and transportation personnel
- additional time for Peninsula School District staff to arrive to work
- time for transportation to further critique snow routes and make necessary adjustments or modifications
SchoolMessenger® System: notifies all staff and parents within 30 minutes by phone
- Peninsula School District Website: psd401
- Peninsula School District Emergency Information Line: (253) 530-1088
- Local TV and radio stations
- KGHP (District radio station): 89.3FM, 89.9FM, 105.7FM; or,
- Emergency bus route information is available in school offices and also on the Peninsula School District website under “About Us; then Transportation”
- You may also subscribe to
FlashAlertwhich will automatically send you an email notifying you of any delays or closures that are posted. To subscribe go to: flashalert .net
Again, please remember the District has a large geographical size and weather