Navy National Defense Cadet Corps
In the spring of 2020, the Peninsula School District was approved by the Secretary of the Navy to provide the Navy National Defense Cadet Corp (NNDCC/NJROTC) program. Located at Peninsula High School, NNDCC/NJROTC program is available to all high school students ages 14 and older throughout the district. The NNDCC program structure provides the same curriculum, training and competition opportunities for students as the Navy Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (NJROTC) program. For more information, contact LCDR D. Hood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Sessions for Students, Families, and Educators
Please register here to join us for upcoming information sessions:
Tuesday, March 15, 2022 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, March 22, 2022 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Navy Drill (Scheduled 6:30 a.m. - 7:20 a.m.)
- Navy Science 1
- Navy Science 2
- Navy Science 3
- Navy Science 4
Registration for 2022-2023 School Year
Registration is starting soon! In our effort to be flexible and accessible, the options can look a bit confusing. Please reach out if we can help clarify!
Options for registering are listed below depending on the school you are attending. If you aren’t sure if you can participate in Navy Drill, please still register.
For Students at Gig Harbor or Henderson Bay travelling to PHS and PHS students:
- Navy Drill (0 Hour) + Period 1
- Navy Drill (0 Hour) + Period 1 + Period 2* (Transportation provided back to GHHS and Henderson Bay)
- Navy Drill (0 Hour) + Period 5 + Period 6* (Transportation available to and from PHS for periods 5/6; not for drill)
- Period 1 + Period 2 (No Drill) - (Transportation available to and from PHS)
- Period 5 + Period 6 (No Drill) - (Transportation available to and from PHS)
For students who attend Peninsula High School:
- All options under Gig Harbor High School OR
- Navy Drill (0 Hour) + Period 2
- Navy Drill (0 Hour) + Period 5
- Navy Drill (0 Hour) + Period 6
- Period 1 only
- Period 2 only
- Period 5 only
- Period 6 only
- Sense of Belonging
- Sense of Accomplishment
- Sense of Direction
- Naval Orientation
- Naval Operations
- Naval History
- Nautical Astronomy
- Drill, Command, Ceremony
- Physical Fitness & Health