- Frequently Asked Questions
- Architectural Firm: TCF Architecture
- Consulting firms have been hired to analyze the site in preparation for site and building design.
- Minor tenant improvements are complete
- Pioneer opened as the Elementary Annex for the 2019-2020 school year
- Conceptual design was presented to the school board at their Sept. 12 meeting. See design here See the site plan here.
The district is in the final stages of purchasing the facility that will become Elementary School #10 from the Boys and Girls Club of South Puget Sound. Minor tenant improvements will be made during the summer of 2019 and the facility will open as a district-owned site in August 2019. For the 2019-20 school year, four 5th grade classrooms from Discovery Elementary and four preschool classrooms will be housed in the building. During 2019-20, an approximate 37,000 sq. ft addition will be made to the building and existing interior space will be modified to create a 30 classroom, full-size elementary school.
In the fall of 2020, the building will open as the district’s first magnet school, drawing students from across the district.
- This project addition is scheduled to bid in late 2019.
- Construction will start early in 2020.
- The new school will open in the fall of 2020.
- Initial conceptual designs were presented to the school board at their May 16th meeting. See the design here.
- We are excited to announce Elementary School #10, located at the former Boys & Girls Club, will be named Pioneer Elementary. The newest elementary school in Peninsula School District will open as a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) school the fall of 2020, as a magnet school for 550 students from across the district. Magnet School FAQ PSD sought input on the name and theme of the school through surveys and a naming committee, which offered recommendations to the school board. During the 2019-2020 school year, Pioneer Elementary will immediately alleviate elementary overcrowding by housing fifth-grade students from Discovery Elementary and preschool classes from other schools throughout the district.
- The district is solicited feedback on recommended names for the school, names were presented to the school board and Pioneer was selected as the name for school formerly known as Elementary School #10.
Project Management Consultants
Director of Facilities
Capital Projects Coordinator