Administrative Secretary – Student Services
PENINSULA SCHOOL DISTRICT
LOCATION: Student Services
This position serves as confidential secretary to the Director of Student Services and includes a variety of secretarial duties such as monitoring and coordinating work flow for the department; providing lead direction to secretarial / clerical staff; monitoring student data for class lists and overseeing State & Federal compliance reports; typing confidential reports, evaluations, correspondence and serving as liaison between the Student Services Department and other district staff and the community.
Reports to the Director of Student Services
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the operation of the Student Services Department and provides lead direction to departmental secretarial and clerical staff. Provides input for clerical staff evaluations, resolves problems such as departmental clerical staff shortages, substitutes, job assignments, clerical complaints, and parent concerns. Provides training and answers technical questions. Develops secretarial procedures for department; monitors work flow and coordinates secretarial production.
- Provides a variety of secretarial support to the Director of Student Services such as making travel, meeting, and conference arrangements. Manages the department calendars; tentatively schedules appointments and meetings and maintains Director’s calendars. Monitors inservice calendar and submits clock hour registration form.
- Prepares and Monitors State and Federal Grants and assists in answering auditors questions concerning compliance issues.
- Prepares and assures all records for State and Federal compliance monitoring. Makes frequent contact with ESD & OSPI to assure compliance. Manages and monitors student files and data base information concerning enrollment and eligibility; checks student data for compliance with state guidelines. Enters data into computer, creates and modifies reports; produces and distributes reports concerning special services students for administrators, case managers, and teachers. Oversees data input concerning monthly reassessments and monitors funding categories for compliance. Completes and files annual inter-district contracts; provides data concerning contracts as requested.
- Composes and prepares reports, statistical information, correspondence, directories and booklets from handwritten drafts, typewritten copy or machine dictation. Proofreads and edits typewritten copy, obtains signatures, duplicates and distributes materials. Establishes and maintains files to meet current needs for records in Student Services Department. Ensures confidentiality as required. Prepares graphic representations of information for departmental reports; prepares other charts as requested.
- Assists in updating the Special Services Procedural Manual, including overseeing of preparation and dissemination of draft forms in departments, assembles final data and distributing to Special Services District Staff.
- Acts as a liaison between the Director of Student Services, other staff and the community in a confidential and supportive manner. Receives and screens incoming correspondence, and reports; alerts supervisor of matters that require immediate attention and assists in actions to meet deadlines; provides copies and/or disseminates as appropriate to other departments; replies to general inquiries.
- Promotes effective public relations with staff, parents, and the general public. Places and receives telephone calls; answers inquiries and provides information concerning student services; routes callers to appropriate staff member; records and relays messages for communication documentation.
- Provides technical support and training to student services staff as needed to assist in completing computerized Individual Education Program or other reports. Reviews department needs for computers and technology advancements; conducts research to obtain information; makes suggestions for improvement in office procedures, computer applications and information-handling techniques. Follows established procedures for procurement of supplies, equipment, printing, and maintenance services. Receives and verifies supplies against purchase orders; distributes supplies to staff members. Manages student services equipment inventory database including tracking of barcodes and serial numbers.
- Coordinates transportation arrangements for special needs students; acts as liaison between building administrators, parents, and the Transportation Department.
- Manages home hospital tutoring program; receives notification by teachers or counselors; contacts parents and physicians; selects tutor for assignment and contacts tutor to make arrangements. Monitors time sheets and mileage reimbursement requests. Resolves problems between tutors and parents as needed.
- Researches and compiles facts, prepares a variety of confidential materials to assist in budget development and preparation, staffing recommendations, hearings and court cases; supplies computer generated reports as required.
- Maintains schedules for student services, special education and itinerant staff; compiles scheduling information and updates schedules as needed; distributes schedules to district-wide staff. Monitors timesheets for certificated and clerical department staff; oversees position authorization and other personnel action forms; coordinates with personnel department.
- Monitors district and other agency deadlines; informs Director of Student Services of important items requiring review and/or action; obtains progress reports. Keeps knowledgeable of current state and federal compliance requirements; manages records and data to keep district current.
- Screens bulletins and current regulations pertinent to various reports, applications, and other matters supervised by the Director of Student Services office; prepares and files required reports in a timely manner; maintains files for audit purposes.
- Obtains, gathers, and organizes data as requested; formats data into usable form; determines confidentiality of information for filing.
- Performs a variety of related duties and special projects as assigned.
Office environment; experiences frequent interruptions; requires visual concentration on detail, dexterity, and precision.
AFFILIATION: PSE Clerical
Education & Experience
High school graduation or equivalent with training in secretarial procedures and three years of secretarial experience, including experience in maintaining budgeting and accounting records, database management, staffing records and excel spreadsheets. School district experience or exposure to special services programs desirable.
Advanced technical training in secretarial procedures may substitute on a month-for-month basis for up to one year of the required experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of secretarial practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of correct grammar, spelling, and English usage.
- Proficient in keyboarding.
- Positive human relations attitudes and skills and ability to maintain composure while effectively dealing with public.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping procedures; ability to maintain accurate accounting records including knowledge of accounts receivable and purchasing procedures.
- Ability to reconcile account balances.
- Skill in operating a variety of office machines.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to operate word processing equipment and various software programs.
- Ability to perform complex clerical projects and assignments.
- Ability to prepare detailed reports.
- Ability to attend to detail and follow tasks through to completion.
- Ability to provide direction and training to other clerical staff.
- Ability to provide supervision, direction and training to departmental staff.
- Ability to set up and maintain an accurate filing system.
- Ability to organize and set priorities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to anticipate needs and work productively on projects and deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with parents, staff, and the general public.
Licenses / Special Requirements