Building Athletic Director GHHS
PENINSULA SCHOOL DISTRICT
BUILDING ATHLETIC DIRECTOR
To assist in the implementation of an appropriate and effective athletic program.
Reports to Building Principal
- Coordinate athletic registration for all sports during each sports season.
- Make certain that eligibility rosters are prepared for each sport and sent to Principal and District Athletic Director before first contest.
- Maintain a master eligibility file for all athletes.
- Serve as building athletic budget coordinator.
- After Principal determines amount of funds available, formulate annual ASB athletic budget recommendations and submit to Principal for approval.
- Make district athletic budget recommendations as requested by District Athletic Director.
- Coordinate purchase of equipment as requested by head coaches and approved by Principal.
- Manage building equipment and facilities.
- Coordinate care and storage of equipment and formulation of annual inventories by head coaches.
- Assist Principal, Activities Coordinator and Athletic Director in scheduling of facilities for turnouts, interscholastic contests and community recreation.
- Coordinate care of facilities and submit maintenance requests through the building administration to the appropriate department.
- Assist Principal and District Athletic Director in developing and managing an effective athletic program.
- Be actively involved in the hiring, evaluation, retention, and development of qualified coaching and advising staff.
- Assist in developing and participate in program workshops, clinics, and in-service training where recommended or sponsored by the District Athletic Department.
- Promote and coordinate athletic publicity for all sports in the building program.
- Coordinate discipline procedures as outlined in Athletic Department Manual.
- Maintain records and submit reports as required by Principal and District Athletic Director.
- Provide game management for all athletic events.
- Develop a class coverage system for in-season coaches for away games in cooperation with the building administration.
- Attend and participate in Peninsula School District Athletic Director meetings.
- Prepare, submit and monitor work requests for athletic maintenance.
- Manage coaches’ concerns and problems within the building.
- Make certain coaches are kept aware of and are complying with WIAA, League, and Peninsula School District rules and regulations.
PRIMARY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Work with Principal and District Athletic Director to coordinate the building program with the district athletic program.
- Work with building coaching staff
- Promote communication within the staff by conducting regular in-building coaches meetings.
- Provide time for day-to-day management of coaches’ needs and concerns.
- Develop and maintain a master file for athletes prior to participation that verifies:
o All athletes have met all requirements for Peninsula School District athletic registration.
o Every athlete/parent has reviewed the Athletic/Activity Codes and has returned a parent signed registration form acknowledging review.
- Develop and maintain a master file for building coaches (i.e., name, address, phone, assignments, first aid card, and expiration date).
- Submit and verify “Athletic Eligibility List and Registration Summary” for each sport to Principal before the first contest of each season. Send copy to District Athletic Director.
- Schedule and conduct a minimum of one coaching staff meeting each sport season.
- Review job description responsibilities.
- Review current concerns of Principal and District Athletic Director.
- Review Coaches’ Manual.
- Obtain certification by school Registrar of all current eligibility lists for all in-season sports.
- Obtain completed “Peninsula Schools Athletic Inventory” from each head coach at end of season and kept on file in building Athletic Director’s office.
- Past experience as a coach/activities supervisor.
- Knowledge of WIAA coaching standards.
- Washington State Teaching Credential.