General Maintenance Foreman
PENINSULA SCHOOL DISTRICT
The duties of the Maintenance Foreman include: maintaining all facilities at the highest level of care. Ensuring that work order assignments are completed in a safe, proper and timely manner. Responds to after hour emergencies as needed and/or directed by supervisor.
Reports to Facilities Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assign work orders in a manner to maximize efficiency.
- Investigate work orders as requested by supervisor.
- Fill in to complete work assignments in various trades when required.
- Receive calls and report status of work orders to keep supervisor and school staff (i.e. principal, office manager, head custodian, teacher) updated on completion.
- Oversee work and conduct of all maintenance employees.
- Keep supervisor up to date on all pertinent activities of maintenance operations.
- Plan and coordinate minor construction projects with outside contractors. Assist with planning and coordinate summer work.
- Assist other trades as needed for the purpose of meeting demands and completing projects.
- Work collaboratively with school staff to complete work in a timely manner that will minimize disruption to the learning environment.
- Respond to emergency situations by calling out and directing the proper personnel.
- Order, pick up and deliver supplies as needed utilizing the courier when possible.
- Insure that shops, vehicles and yard areas are kept neat and clean and locked at the end of the day.
- Oversee start times, break times, and quitting times.
- Conduct safety training and staff meetings in conjunction with supervisor. Prepare written reports for the purpose of documenting activities and meeting district, local, state and federal requirements.
- Assist supervisor in short term and long range planning.
- Investigate problems and complaints from buildings administrators.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required to travel between work sites, be able to concentrate on detailed work and stand for long periods of time and be able to lift or carry heavy supplies and equipment. Occasionally required to wear protective clothing and work outdoors inclement weather. Must be safety conscious. Must respond to emergency calls after work hours. Willing to be added to the weekend duty roster.
AFFILIATION: PSE – Maintenance/Grounds
- Demonstrated ability to lead, direct, motivate, correct and inspire workers in a positive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to keep confidential information confidential.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, use innovative thinking to promote creative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with co-workers and district clientele in a positive and constructive manner.
- Demonstrated two years of experience in a supervisory position.
- Demonstrated outgoing, positive, “can do”, “get it done”, attitude.
- Demonstrated ability in estimating, planning, organizing, and implementing various maintenance or related projects.
- Respond to emergencies.
- Conducts self in a manner that represents the values and roles one would expect with this position.
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge and skill in two or more maintenance related trades; or documented evidence of professional training in maintenance related fields; or commitment to take district approved training within one calendar year from hire date.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions, to write reports and proficient in basic computer skills including MS Office programs, Google Docs, etc.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Three years job related experience.
- Valid WA Driver’s License, may be asked to obtain a CDL.
- Proficient in trade and knowledge of tools and equipment.
- Willing to complete training in first aid and CPR.
- Will be asked to complete pre-employment physical.