PENINSULA SCHOOL DISTRICT
- Must be 16 years old or older.
- Current lifeguard certificate.
- Current CPR and First Aid certificate.
- Be in good physical condition, which would not prevent one from performing his/her duties. If a medical condition exists OR if you are taking medications, please notify your supervisor.
- Effective communication skills.
- Must have pleasant yet assertive personality with a strong desire to help others.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Must be dependable.
- Notify HR when you turn 18, there must be complete fingerprints done at the district office.
- Have or willing to obtain WSI certificate.
- Available to work on weekends.
- Be hyper vigilant in watching the pool at all times while on duty.
- Wear proper uniform, swimsuit or shorts, guard shirt and whistle.
- Remain calm under noisy and confusing conditions.
- Discern unsafe situations and take the initiative to correct the situation.
- Follow and enforce all pool and diving rules.
- Follow directives of supervisor in charge.
- Participation in required staff meetings/in-services. Lifeguards must attend at least 4 a year (two of which must meet State requirements).