Technology Inventory Specialist
PENINSULA SCHOOL DISTRICT
TECHNOLOGY INVENTORY SPECIALIST
LOCATION: Technology Services Department
This position provides inventory and warehouse support to the staff of the Technology Services Department. Additionally, this position receives, stocks and maintains supplies and materials in the District’s technology warehouse. Responsibilities include ensuring that materials stored in the warehouse are secure, monitoring inventory levels, track work orders, provide quotes, process purchase orders. This position can do requisition forms) pay invoices, oversee surplus process.
Reports to the Director of Technical Services
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Tracks Technology Work Orders and Inventory using online, web based database systems.
- Prepares of purchase orders by writing requisitions; maintains purchase order files using a spreadsheet program. Verifies receipt of merchandise against purchase orders, routes packing slips and invoices to Accounts Payable for processing; sorts, wraps, and forwards items to appropriate schools.
- Responsible for the shipping, receiving, inventorying and distribution of equipment and materials, including warranty repair services.
- Issues stock from warehouse as notified by requisition; Ensures scheduled delivery of requested items.
- Creates and maintains computer files and records for technology.
- Establishes stocking and storage procedures; stores materials and supplies according to supplier instructions.
- Responsible for conducting inventories as directed by supervisor.
- Ensures warehouse is locked when unattended; maintains security of warehouse stock. Monitors warehouse area for safety; attends to possible safety hazards promptly.
- Submits work order requests for any work needed to be performed in the warehouse or to associated equipment.
- Obtains bids and quotes on a variety of technology supplies and equipment. Communicates with vendors concerning purchase orders; receives supplies and verifies them against purchase orders; processes packing slips for payment submission by secretary.
- Creates, develops and maintains department Warranty Fund and budget spreadsheets and reports.
- Checks items received against packing slips. Unpacks boxes of supplies and materials as needed. Stores items on shelves. Informs supervisor of any delivery problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required to lift and carry objects weighing up to 75 pounds; required to wear protective clothing. May be required to store hazardous materials or chemicals.
AFFILIATION: Clerical Unit
Education and Experience
High School graduation or equivalent and two years of experience in the warehousing field, including receiving, shipping, packaging, inventory control, storage procedures and database software experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of effective inventory and usage control procedures.
- Knowledge of proper packaging, storage and shipping methods.
- Ability to make accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Knowledge of correct grammar, spelling and English usage.
- Knowledge of inventory control procedures and the ability to maintain accurate records.
- Skill in operating computers and MS Office software.
- Effective oral and written skills.
- Knowledge of database and spreadsheet programs i.e. Excel, Access, Google Docs.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to set up and maintain an accurate filing system.
- Ability to organize and set priorities.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and remain flexible.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the public.
Valid Washington State Driver’s license