PENINSULA SCHOOL DISTRICT
Picks up District trash and delivers it to dump. Additionally, this position receives, stocks and maintains supplies and materials in the District’s warehouse. Responsibilities include delivering warehouse stock, ensuring that materials stored in the warehouse are secure, monitoring inventory levels, and insuring each school has clean and safe dumpsters for trash.
Reports to Facilities Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives and warehouses supplies, materials and food commodities. Operates forklift to assist in unloading truck and transport items from loading dock to warehouse. Checks items received against packing slips. Unpacks boxes of supplies and materials as needed. Stores items on shelves. Informs supervisor of any delivery problems.
- Issues stock from warehouse as notified by requisition; drives truck to deliver supplies and materials to schools and departments. Ensures scheduled delivery of requested items.
- Establishes stocking and storage procedures; stores materials and supplies according to supplier instructions. Maintains date control of items; rotates stock on shelves as needed. Monitors condition of chemical storage drums for safety. Supplies information labels to custodians for chemical containers.
- Picks up obsolete school textbooks, teaching supplies and used, damaged and/or obsolete equipment. Verifies numbers; stores items pending disposal authorization. Assists supervisor in organizing surplus materials for disposal.
- Responsible for conducting inventories as directed by supervisor.
- Ensures warehouse is locked when unattended; maintains security of warehouse stock. Monitors warehouse area for safety; attends to possible safety hazards promptly.
- Assists in coordinating delivery of furniture and major pieces of equipment.
- Picks up District trash from all district facilities on a weekly basis and delivers trash to dump.
- Keeps dumpsters clean and odor free.
- Oversees and maintains fork lift, trash truck and delivery vehicle.
- Submits work order requests for any work needed to be performed in the warehouse or to associated equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned/requested.
Required to lift and carry objects weighing up to 75 pounds. Required to work around machinery with moving parts; required to wear protective clothing. Required to store hazardous materials or chemicals. Required to climb ladders.
AFFILIATION: PSE – Maintenance/Grounds
Education and Experience
High School graduation or equivalent and two years of experience in the warehousing field, including receiving, shipping, packaging, inventory control and storage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of effective inventory and usage control procedures.
- Knowledge of proper packaging, storage and shipping methods.
- Skill in operating delivery trucks, forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Ability to make accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Ability to learn the use of computers and various software programs.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with district staff and vendors.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license. Maybe completed during probationary period or at district direction.
- Training in first aid and CPR are required by the District.
- Must be willing to become qualified in forklift operations unless already qualified.
- Drivers must not exceed two moving motor vehicle violations in any calendar year. These violations include those made both on and off duty.