Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program
Early childhood Education and Assistance Program
Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP) is a comprehensive preschool program that provides free services and support to eligible children and their families. To be considered for the program all families must submit an application and eligibility documents, submitting documents does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
- Preschool experience 3 hours, 4 days a week, School year calendar
- Activities that build self-esteem
- Developmental screenings
- Small classes
- Health and nutrition education
- Social/Emotional Support for children & Health services
- Hot lunch and nutritious snacks
- Supportive staff and Family engagement
Who Is Eligible?
- Eligible families with children age 3-5 years (3 years by Aug 31st, and not yet 5 by Aug 31st)
- Children in Foster Care/Kinship Care
- TANF and SSI recipients
- Families experiencing homelessness
- Children with a disability or IEP
- Families living on limited incomes (based on federal poverty guidelines)
To apply, complete the application, save it to your device, and then email it to the appropriate ECEAP program. Contact information for each site can be found in the blue contact information box.
Early Learning application English
Early Learning Application Spanish
Early Learning Application Russian
Please note that your application cannot be processed until the following documents are submitted:
- Application (found above)
- Child’s birth certificate
- Proof of income e.g., previous years w-2, tax return, 12 months of paystubs, or TANF grant letter
- Proof of guardianship ( birth certificate, foster care record, adoption paperwork or written agreement signed and dated by parent and person assuming custodial responsibility )
Once your application has been processed the family support specialist at the site closest to you will be in contact with you. Processing applications can take 1-2 weeks after all needed documents are submitted.
- It would be helpful if you also include the following:
- A copy of your child’s current immunization record
- Current IEP/ IFSP if applicable
- Most recent well-child exam
- Most recent dental exam
* If you have any questions about the application or supporting documents please contact the site you are applying to.
Peninsula School District offers ECEAP at the following elementary schools:
For more information or to determine eligibility for ECEAP, please contact the individual site.