Secretary – Curriculum and Staff Development
PENINSULA SCHOOL DISTRICT
SECRETARY – CURRICULUM & STAFF DEVELOPMENT
LOCATION: Educational Service Center
This position serves as the secretary to the Assistant Superintendent of Learning & Teaching and the Assistant Director of Curriculum and Instruction. This position also provides assistance to the district Curriculum Specialists and periodic assistance to other Learning & Teaching departments as needed throughout the year. Primary responsibilities will focus on curriculum and inventory. Additional responsibilities may include managing and coordinating work flow for the department; managing budgets and grants; typing reports and correspondence, processing purchase orders, maintaining files and records; duplicating and distributing curriculum materials, assistance in professional development opportunities in the district, and serves as liaison between the Assistant Superintendent, department and other district staff.
Reports to Assistant Director of Curriculum, Instruction, and Professional Learning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the purchasing process and delivery of district-purchased textbooks and materials to the buildings and departments. Prepares purchase orders within budget parameters, gives directions to office staff about how to disburse.
- Responsible for the inventory of district textbooks and resources.
- Provides secretarial support to curriculum committees; contacts groups regarding meetings. Formats, types and edits committee meeting minutes, correspondence and announcements. Maintains correspondence of committee meetings. Schedules conference room use; sets up tables and chairs and orders food as requested.
- Formats, types and edits correspondence (often confidential), forms, grant documents and other reports from drafts; proofreads, duplicates and distributes as necessary. Composes routine correspondence.
- Prepares purchase orders; determines necessary office supplies; communicates with staff members concerning supplies needed; compiles annual departmental supply order.
- Duplicates and distributes a variety of materials such as booklets, correspondence, and other curriculum information. Coordinates production of projects requiring special printing. Orders and distributes forms.
- Prepares required personnel forms and timesheets; receives staff attendance records; processes travel request claims; makes arrangements for substitutes as needed.
- Performs a variety of related duties and special projects duties as assigned.
Office environment; experiences frequent interruptions; requires visual concentration on detail, dexterity and precision.
AFFILIATION: PSE – Clerical
Education and Experience
High school graduation or equivalent; 3 years of secretarial experience, with records maintenance and bookkeeping preferred.
Advanced technical training, bookkeeping or accounting procedures may substitute for above.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of secretarial and bookkeeping procedures; ability to maintain accurate records.
- Proficient in keyboarding.
- Proficiency in using Excel.
- Skill in operating a variety of office machines.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate word processing programs, database programs, and website programs.
- Ability to set up and maintain an accurate filing system.
- Ability to attend to detail and follow tasks through to completion.
- Ability to organize and set priorities.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and remain flexible to changes in situations or assignments.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff.